Second grade has begun, and students are busy learning new skills. All students brought in the supplies we needed, so we do not have a wish list at this time. Thank you for your support!
We've been learning about the Civil War the past 2 weeks. This week you will choose a person we've learned about to research. Pick the person you find the most interesting. Here are your choices:
Today you will take your research on different animals and create your own wild thing! Be creative, but make sure your animal makes sense. Follow the steps below, and HAVE FUN!
1. Go to http://www.buildyourwildself.com.
2. Pick a background FIRST!
3. Choose the parts/adaptations your creature will need to survive in the habitat you chose.
4. Make sure your animal MAKES SENSE.
5. Email it to Mrs. Buffington: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Take notes on your creature so you can write about it later.
7. Research about the polar bear on your paper. Go to these websites:
Using a good search engine is a very important part of research. You want to use an engine that is reliable and accurate. As you search for your Black History month person, check out these search engines that I have found for you. These should be good resources to get you started. Happy hunting!